Friday, February 1, 2013

Go Red For Women

Today is Go Red For Women day! This day is set out to inform women about heart health. Heart disease is the leading cause of women, a fact that is shocking to most.  To learn more about Go Red and heart health, check out the official website http://www.goredforwomen.org/

I decided to showcase some of my favorite reds, I tend to look at them but never really wear them as full manicures so this was a good excuse to revisit some old favs.

OPI Love Is A Racket and Vodka and Caviar, China Glaze Ruby Pumps and Chanel Pirate

Love Is A Racket was part of the Serena Williams Grand Slam duo from last year. It is a bright, glass flecked red, very similar to the reds from the Skyfall collection.  I could not get the glass fleck to show up much in the picture, but you can see it in the bottle.  I wore 3 thin coats, but I could still see a bit of visible nail line (vnl).  Some people aren't too bothered by vnl, but I am, that is cause enough for me to change my mani.
OPI Vodka And Caviar! This is my go to red, I wear this as a pedicure color most of the year. It is a rich, dark blue based red. I would describe the formula as a jelly like creme.  It applies pretty flawlessly. This is a core collection color, so it should be available anywhere OPI is sold.
China Glaze Ruby Pumps, this is such a classic color, every polish enthusiast should own it.  A stunning polish with microfine glitter particles in a glossy red base. This picture is 3 thin coats without top coat! Look at that sparkle! This is a core collection color and should be available wherever China Glaze is sold.
Chanel Pirate! Glossy red jelly perfection! To my eye this is a pink based red, but it is still deep enough that it doesn't look garish on.  These pictures show the polish without base coat! Incredible shine! Chanel polishes are my weakness, you will see shortly as I am currently attempting to swatch all of my Le Vernis Nail Colors! Any requests?
The only draw back to these reds are the potential to stain.  I swatched each color over OPI Nail Envy, no polish was on my nails for more than 10 minutes but I did have a noticeable tint to my nails and the surrounding skin. 
Stay Sparkly,
A


No comments:

Post a Comment