Monday, February 25, 2013

Glitter Tips

I love the look of glitter polish, but I dread the removal.. even with the foil method. So I try to use glitter sparingly.  Glitter tips is one of my favorite looks, it is inspired by my coworker who always has glitter tipped acrylic nails.
I used a base of OPI So Many Clowns... So Little Time from the Spring 2011 Soft Shades Collection. I used 3 thin coats of this sheer, glossy nude color. You could do glitter tips without a base color, but I have quite short nail beds, so I use this color to help elongate the look of my nails.






The tips are Color Club Sugarplum Fairy, a pale lilac base with silver and holo glitter. To make the tips, I use binder hole reinforcers that I bought from Target. I find they are easier to work with after they have been cut in half, they mold better to the curve of the nail that way.
It was hard for me to capture the holo goodness from this polish. I have a theory that as soon as one uses holo polish the clouds show up and make photographing said holo polish impossible.

Stay Sparkly,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment