Thursday, February 28, 2013

My First Striping Tape Mani

I bought striping tape ages ago and was so intimidated by it, but after finding dotting tools to be quite easy, I decided to give it a try.  This mani was inspired by my current favorite sweater from Gap, though I just looked for it on the website and couldn't find it.. I'll update when its up there.

I found the striping tape to be easy to work with. It was thin, easy to cut and maneuver with.  Also, I was able to place it, then pick up the piece again and reposition it. The striping tape didn't pull up my manicure like regular tape sometimes does.  I purchased my striping tape from ebay, for maybe $5, for I think 8 different colors of tape.









This mani combines my dear dotting tool with striping tape, while mixing patterns can look garish, I think the black and white color combo keeps it from being over the top.

The white is OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls and the black is China Glaze Liquid Leather.

This was a busy mani but I really love it, particularly the polka dots. I can't wait to do another polka dot mani, and look for some more stripes once baseball season starts :)

Stay Sparkly,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment