Saturday, September 10, 2016

OPI New Orleans Spring 2016 Collection

Warning, extremely long post ahead! Here are my swatches of the Spring 2016 OPI New Orleans Collection. I know this collection is old news by now, but it is such a good collection that I wanted to share it. OPI dominated when it comes to classic creme polishes and this collection is a great example of what they can do. I've seen this collection pretty recently at my local Ulta and smaller beauty supply stores so if you love any of these colors you should still be able to find them.
She's A Bad Muffuletta! 
This polish is bright and fun, and hopefully not a dupe for the 50 colors I have that look just like this! I wore it for 5 days and had decent results, only one nail chipped horribly, the others just had normal tip wear. 
Just for fun, here are some pics of my mani from when I was recently in New Orleans. 

Rich Girls and Po Boys
This is 3 thin coats. I was most excited about this polish, but honestly I don't love it. The formula was thin and meh, and after wearing this polish for less than a day I had some pretty big chips on 3 fingers. Luckily I didn't have any staining with this polish.

I'm So Swamped
This lush, yellow based green had a great formula. 3 thin coats to bright creamy perfection. 

I Manicure For Beads
Two smooth, perfect coats. I'm not a huge purple polish fan, but the flawless formula on this makes it my new go to purple.

Spare Me A French Quarter
This is so close to being a one-coat wonder! And I know this was part of a spring collection, but I feel like this is the perfect summer to fall transition polish.

Got Myself In To A Jam-balaya
Three thin, easy coats for this swatch. This color and formula are just stunning. When OPI kills it with a pastel neon type polish like this, I wonder why they have some similar polishes with just terrible formulas. Dear OPI, you can do it so well, why sell something that doesn't live up to this reputation?

If you want to see comparisons of any of these polishes, let me know in the comments.  

Stay Sparkly,
A

1 comment: