Tuesday, June 25, 2013

OPI Gargantuan Green Grape

Recently I was at Planet Beauty looking for OPI Gargantuan Green Grape, I was excited to see 6 bottles of polish in the slot, but when I looked closer I noticed there were 2 distinctly different shades of polish there.  I checked, and double checked the labels and both were clearly marked Gargantuan Green Grape.  I did what any polish enthusiast would do, and bought both.
 I swatched them both to compare color and formula.

Green Version Thumb, Pinky and Middle
Blue Version Pointer and Ring

 Even in bright light, you can tell these are two very different colors.
In terms of formula, the green version was much more opaque, it took 4 thin coats to get this desired opacity from the blue version.  I completely love both versions of this polish.  Regardless of the reason for OPI releasing a bluer version, whether it be a change of pigment or lax quality control, I am quite happy about it. Both shades are gorgeous and I am happy to own them both. 

Do you have either version? Which one do you prefer?

Stay Sparkly,
A

1 comment:

  1. Weird that there both named the same. There both lovely colors though :)

    ReplyDelete