Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Bubble Nail Art

This is done using acrylic paint to make water spot bubbles on top of polish. I loved this look, changed up the accompanying nails to extend this mani.  To do this, you water down acrylic paint, apply small dots on your nail, allow a minute or so to set on your nail, and then absorb the excess water.  I followed a tutorial from @tabitha_nicole on Instagram to do this, and it was surprisingly easy to do.

First Look:
 base of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls on all nails
Pinky and pointer I did a jelly sandwich with OPI Polka.com and OPI Don't Touch My Tutu.
Ring and middle water spot bubbles using acrylic paint.

Second Look:
Ring and Middle- same as before
Pinky and Pointer- Essie Naughty Nautical, with a dot of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls and China Glaze Fuchsia Fanatic

Here are a few more looks at the water spot nails. 


Too fun. Definitely going to try these again. Full swatches of Essie Naughty Nautical will be coming up soon, I'm still tracking down a few more colors from the collection, then I will post them all for you.

Stay Sparkly,
A

2 comments:

  1. This is pretty! I recently just got some acrylic paints too! I might have to try this out for myself now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. try it!! it was really fun. i can't wait to see your mani :)

      Delete