Sunday, August 27, 2017

OPI California Dreaming Summer 2017 Swatches and Comparisons

The hoarder in me is responsible for the purchases I made from this collection. This basic, pink and red filled boring collection did not thrill me, but I have at least one polish from every collection for the past 4 years at least... so I just had to grab a few. None of these shades seem particularly exciting or special, so I will be comparing them with other OPI polishes from my collection. Also, I'm sure you have all seen this collection many times already. I'm super late to the party because I could not find these polishes anywhere. So strange considering I live in California, you would think the California Dreaming collection would be freaking everywhere.

Swatches
To The Mouse House We Go
4 thin coats and there is still some minimal VNL. But I mean... hello Disney red! I'm a huge Dis-nerd so even if this color was ugly I would probably have picked this polish up anyways. This is a squishy red jelly, not my favorite formula but this color is so bright and pretty. My bottle does have some random black specks mixed in with the polish, you can see those on a few of my nails sadly. 

Me, Myselfie, and I
3 thin coats of this white based orangey coral. This is so pretty but so basic. As much as I love this kind of color, it does tend to make my fingers look a little gray/dead. 

Santa Monica Beach Peach
2 medium coats here. First this is orange. Not peach. Not even a little bit peach, just bright orange. I'm not an orange polish fan, but I like this shade because the formula is pretty good. I will definitely be pulling this polish out for Halloween/fall nail art and again in a few months when I start a new internship in Santa Monica.

Comparisons
Mouse House (pointer/middle) vs Red Hot Rio (ring/pinky)
I have many more OPI red shades, but because these are both jelly finishes I'm only comparing these 2. Rio is deeper, more pink toned and more opaque, but I prefer the color of Mouse House.

Selfie (ring) vs Aloha From OPI (pointer) vs Race Red (middle) vs Living On The Bula-Vard (pinky)
Race Red is obviously the odd man out here being redder and darker, and is also my favorite of these 4 polishes. The other 3 are way too similar in my opinion, particularly Bula-Vard and Selfie considering they came out within a few months of each other. Come on OPI, you can be more creative then this.. but there will always be collectors like myself who will keep buying.

SM Beach Peach (pointer/ring) vs Toucan Do It If You Try (pinky) vs No Stopping Me Now (middle)
Definitely not dupes, but for someone meh about orange, probably not necessary to have all 3. Beach Peach looks like what you would get from mixing the other 2 polishes together but I think it is my favorite of the 3.

Did you pick up anything from this collection? Let me know :)

Stay Sparkly,
A

1 comment:

  1. Nice summer color and it was great to see them compared too.

    ReplyDelete