Tuesday, May 27, 2014

OPI Brazil Collection pt 2

So Sally Beauty had the OPI Brazil Collection buy one get one free so I had to pick up 4 more polishes from the collection.

So that I don't sound like a broken record, I'm going to start this review by saying how fantastic all of the formulas are.  Creamy and opaque, easy to polish with, ideal cream formulas that OPI is known for.

Red Hot Rio
3 coats, no top coat- hello shine. This is a very jelly like formula, if anyone can recommend a true red cream, I would love to know. I suspect this is just a renamed version of cult favorite Vodka and Caviar, I will be comparing them in a later post. This is a glossy, ultra shiny cherry red. V and C is one of my all time favorites so I am happy to have this back up of the now discontinued shade.

Kiss Me I'm Brazilian
2 coats. An almost barbie toned pink. it is an ultra flattering medium pink, this is pretty and feminine without being too cutesy girlie… which is an important shade distinction for me.

Toucan Do It If You Try
2 creamy perfect coats. This color screams summer to me. It is an orange based coral, that boarders on neon.  It's incredibly flattering and I can see myself reaching for this as a perfect pedi color.

OPI Scores A Goal
2 coats.  This is slightly less creamy and opaque as the others.  I love this with the first coat, but the second coat makes it look very brown and muddy on me. Its a pretty color, but it isn't a color for me.  This color also screams fall to me, I don't think it really fits in with the whole bright fun concept of this collection.

If you missed the first part of my OPI Brazil review, please click here to check it out

I'm working on a comparison post featuring all of the polishes I picked up from this collection. If there are any comparisons you'd like to see please leave your request in the comments.  I will try my best to do all suggested comparisons.

Stay Sparkly,
A

1 comment: