Saturday, April 4, 2015

OPI Spring 2015 Hawaii Collection

Warning long post ahead!!
OPI recently released their Spring 2015 collection and I picked up my top 3 picks! Here are swatches, reviews and comparisons.

Aloha From OPI
 Three thin coats.  This is a pretty perfect creme formula! I just love colors like this and this one just does not disappoint!! Truth time- my mom and I are both rocking this as a pedi color right now.

Lost My Bikini In Molokini
Three thin, easy coats.  I am not a huge purple fan, but I love this.  It isn't super in your face bright, to me it is a nice classic amethyst color.  

Thats Hula-rious
This is 3 thin coats.  For a pastel greenish-mint color this has a really great formula.  This is a surprise favorite for me! I can't stop wearing this color!! I'm obsessed!! 

And here are some comparisons from other colors that I own.  If there are additional comparisons y'all would like to see, let me know in the comments :)

 Pointer- Live Love Carnival
Middle- Cajun Shrimp
Ring- Aloha From OPI 
Pinky- Red My Fortune Cookie
No dupes here, but all pretty similar. Aloha has the most neon pigment- it is really a hot red orange. Carnival is the lightest and the most salmony-pink. Cookie is closer to a true warm red, and Shrimp is a bright pinky coral.  All 3 coats- more out of habit than necessity. Awesome creamy formulas all around.   I think these are different enough to own all of them, if you like this color family. I'd say my ultimate favorite is Cajun Shrimp, because I think it's the most flattering on my skin tone. 

Pointer- China Glaze Red-y To Rave
Middle- Aloha From OPI
Ring- China Glaze I Brake For Colour
Pinky- Sinful Colors Sunburnt
Honestly all of these are great formulas, so you can't go wrong with any of them… but clearly Sunburnt and Rave are not dupes.  Rave is a true neon (spoiler alert- I'm in LOVE with this color!!) and Sunburnt is much more orange.  Aloha and I Brake For Colour are incredibly close, maybe entering dupe territory. Personally I prefer the formula on Aloha the most, but if you already have I Brake For Color then I don't really think you need Aloha. 

Pointer and Ring- Lost My Bikini In Molokini
Middle and Pinky- Sinful Colors Amethyst 
No dupes here either! While they are close, Amethyst is warmer toned and brighter. Molokini is lighter and dustier. Both have rocking formulas! I don't think you can go wrong with either of these polishes! 

Pointer and Ring- That's Hula-rious
Middle-Gargantuan Green Grape 
Pinky- Mint Sorbet
Once again, no dupes. Mint is lighter but the formula is incredible!! GGGis just… yikes…. it's extremely yellow on me and gross thin formula.  But Hula… oh Hula how I love you so! This polish is the perfect blend of minty and pistachio green! Perfection. 

Stay Sparkly,
A






1 comment:

  1. Nice swatches of this collection. There pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete